News on beer
- If Budweiser is the first beer drunk on Mars, thank a group of Fort Collins researchers
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:38:00 GMT - Gary Hanning always liked space, but he never thought he’d work in the field, having grown up on a farm, having studied agriculture and genetics, and having since toiled in commercial agriculture. But as humans look to expand their reach — creating ...
- Beyoncè Orders Brooklyn Brewery To Stop Naming Beer After Her
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:09:00 GMT - SUNSET PARK, BROOKLYN — An Industry City brewery is in hot water with Queen Bey for the name of one of its beers. Lawyers for Beyoncè sent a cease a desist letter to Lineup Brewing this week, ordering it to stop selling cans of its "Biëryoncè" brew ...
- Milwaukee: There’s more than just beer here
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:02:00 GMT - “Arrived in Milwaukee. Found beer,” my social media post said. Because honestly, beer is about the only thing I knew about the city. And make no mistake, beer is big there. You can tour any one of more than a dozen breweries, see the mansion that Pabst ...
- The brewery that turns old bread into beer
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 17:15:00 GMT - (CNN) -- A boutique London brewery is turning unwanted bread into craft ale with the aim to reduce food waste. Each bottle of Toast Ale has the equivalent of one slice of bread in it. While you can taste the wheat and caramel notes from the bread, you won ...
- Vietnam’s showpiece beer privatisation turns flat
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:18:00 GMT - A unit of Thailand’s Thai Beverage has emerged as the sole company to bid for a stake in Sabeco, Vietnam’s biggest beer producer, marking an underwhelming response to the Southeast Asian country’s biggest and most closely watched privatisation this year.
- Cask wine, mainstream beer sales falling as Aussies drink ‘less but better’, BWS CEO Guy Brent says
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:30:00 GMT - GOON’S days are numbered. The head of the country’s largest liquor retailer has warned the classic silver pillow is doing it tough, as Aussies increasingly shift to drinking “less but better”. BWS chief executive Guy Brent said the cask wine ...
- 5 Things to Do This Weekend in Boise: Get Xtreme, swim in dark beer, crack a nut
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:45:00 GMT - Christmas entertainment doesn’t get any more traditional than Ballet Idaho’s “The Nutcracker.” Professional company dancers will be joined by more than 100 children from the Ballet Idaho Academy on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Morrison Center.
- Taco Bell Is Releasing Its Own Beer
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 05:47:00 GMT - In retrospect, it should have seemed inevitable. When Taco Bell announced earlier this year that the chain would be opening hundreds more of its alcohol-serving “cantina” locations, sure, one of them would probably eventually serve its own Taco Bell beer.
- What beer are you drinking now? #1884
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:52:00 GMT - Good morning BA, have a great Sunday! Just another typical day for me here with bottle returns, laundry, groceries, and some catch up work for tomorrow. Should be a really pleasant work week hopefully. With the Holiday work break coming up next week, a lot ...
- Barley to Space Station 'just the beginning' in Budweiser's plans for beer on Mars
- Sun, 17 Dec 2017 11:45:00 GMT - CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - An experiment by Budweiser set to lift off this week for the International Space Station aims to help future farmers on Mars to grow barley, a nutrient-rich crop, which also happens to be the key ingredient for brewing beer ...